Savings for Income-Eligible Renters and Homeowners
Get Free Tips for Lowering Your Energy Bill
Use less energy and save more money with simple, small changes around your home or business.
Sign Up for No-cost Energy Efficiency Upgrades
Con Edison has partnered with New York State Energy Research and Development Authority to provide no-cost energy efficiency solutions to income-eligible renters and homeowners in New York State through EmPower New York. Nearly 160,000 of your neighbors have received energy efficiency upgrades through EmPower New York—without spending a dime. Whether you own your home or rent, a participating contractor will determine whether your home would benefit from free energy upgrades, such as:
- A home energy assessment to identify areas of possible energy improvements
- Installation of high-efficiency lighting
- Attic and wall insulation
- Replacement of old, inefficient refrigerators and freezers
- Water-saving showerheads
- A monthly electric bill credit of between $5–$15 from community solar
was this information helpful?