Electric Vehicle Charging Rewards
Earn rewards for charging your electric vehicle off-peak, and get data about your charging and driving habits.
SmartCharge New York
Join the community of electric-vehicle drivers who are earning rewards for charging at off-peak times. You’ll get a free “C2” connected car device that unlocks access to your driving and charging data.
We are partnering with FleetCarma to help you track how efficiently you drive, your carbon footprint, your battery health, and more. You can also share your stats and experiences with other electric vehicle drivers to see how you compare.
Charging off-peak helps reduce stress on the energy grid, making service more reliable for everyone.
Get $50 for installing and activating your C2. Then, earn more throughout the year when you charge within New York City and Westchester (exclusions apply).
June – September
Get $5 per month for keeping the device plugged in your vehicle and charging in the Con Edison service territory. Get a $20 bonus when you charge your vehicle at any time other than 2–6 p.m. on weekdays. Earn 5 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh) by charging between midnight and 8 a.m. any day.
October – May
Earn $5 a month for keeping the device plugged in and charging in the Con Edison service territory.
Earn an extra 5 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh) by charging between midnight and 8 a.m. any day.
Get another $10 for taking our survey.
If you own or lease a plug-in electric vehicle and charge it in New York City or Westchester County, you’re eligible. Select Queens and Westchester ZIP codes are not eligible.* You don’t have to be a Con Edison customer or live in the Con Edison service territory to participate; you can earn rewards as long as you charge your vehicle within our service territory.
One-Year Price Guarantee for Electric Vehicle Owners
Own an electric vehicle? You can try our time-of-use rate for one year with no risk. After you’ve been billed on time-of-use for 12 months, we’ll compare what you paid under time-of-use rates with what you would have paid under our standard residential rate. If you paid more, we’ll credit your account for the difference.
To apply, send the following to EVprograms@conEd.com:
- Your name, 15-digit Con Edison account number, and phone number.
- A signed, written request to be billed under the voluntary time-of-use rate.
- Please specify if you have solar panels installed atyour home or are in the process of installing solar panels.
- A copy of your electric vehicle registration with an address that matches the service address of your Con Edison account. If your registration doesn't match the service address, please provide a copy of your registration along with other documentation verifying that the electric vehicle will be charged at your home.
- No equipment other than an electric-vehicle charger may be connected to the meter billed under the EV-only time-of-use rate.
- If you live in a building where the electric bill is included in your rent or maintenance charges and do not have a Con Edison account, you may still be able to benefit from this rate.
For more information, email EVPrograms@conEd.com.