Let Us Know About Your Power Problem
Don’t assume we already know. Report problems with your electric service, like a power outage or partial lights, and we’ll text or call you automatically as soon as restoration updates are available. You can also check the map to see where other outages have been reported.
After You Report Your Outage
We’ll text or call you daily to let you know the status of your restoration.
Check Your Outage Status
Make sure to report your outage first to get updates.
View the Outage Map
Get information about outages reported in our service area.
View the Map
While Your Power Is Out
While waiting for power to be restored, be sure to:
- Tune your battery-operated radio to local stations for updates about service restoration in your area.
- Use flashlights rather than candles or gas lanterns to minimize the risk of fire.
- Check on friends or neighbors who are elderly, disabled, or have special needs. Remember that elevators may not operate during an outage.
- Turn off light switches and unplug appliances to prevent damage to the appliances when service is restored. Leave only a single lamp or radio turned on so you’ll know when power’s been restored.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible. Food will stay frozen for 24 to 48 hours with the doors closed.
- If your water service depends on electrical equipment, use bottled water until service is restored.
- Do not go near downed power lines.
- Never use generators or charcoal or gas grills indoors, because they can cause a buildup of deadly carbon monoxide.
- Use emergency generators safely. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and only plug in recommended appliances into your portable generators.
Download the App
Pay your bill, get energy insights, and report and check outages with your cell phone.DOWNLOAD IOS APP
was this information helpful?