Fleet Owners and Operators
Commercial fleet operators will play a big part in accelerating the transition to a clean future through electrification. Within 20 years, nearly 15 million EVs are expected to be part of corporate fleets in the United States.
Top reasons to consider electrifying your fleet:
- Low-Maintenance Save money and time with fewer moving parts and state-of-the-art motors that require less maintenance than internal combustion engines. Even brake pads last longer in electric vehicles because they use regenerative braking to slow down, converting the energy used to reduce the car’s speed into power that can be stored in the battery.
- Company Sustainability Goals Transportation accounts for 36% of New York State’s greenhouse gas emissions, and gasoline-fueled vehicles typically produce double the CO2 emissions compared to their electric counterparts. A green fleet can drastically shrink your business’s carbon footprint.
PowerReady Light-Duty EV Charging Infrastructure Incentives
We’re offering incentives that can offset the electric infrastructure costs associated with installing Level 2 and/or Direct Current (DC) fast chargers for electric cars, small trucks, and vans under 10,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.
Applicants who meet certain program conditions can get incentives that cover up to 100% of the energy company and customer costs of installing level 2 or direct current fast-charging stations in designated “Disadvantaged Community” areas in New York City and Westchester.
Medium- and Heavy-Duty Installation Incentives
For vans, trucks, and buses with a gross vehicle weight greater than 10,000 pounds, we offer incentives for DC fast charging fleet chargers that cover almost all of the utility-side costs associated with bringing power to the fleet property.
Reduce the Cost of Fueling your Fleet with Electricity
Electric Vehicle Smart Charging Rewards
Earn unlimited cash rewards for charging during off-peak times and get valuable data about your charging habits.
DC Fast Charging Per-Plug Incentive
If you make your DC fast chargers publicly accessible, you may be eligible for additional annual incentives.
DC Fast Charging Business Incentive Rate
If you make your DC fast chargers publicly accessible, you may qualify for reduced rates.
Tools and Services
Fleet Assessment Services
We’re here to help guide you through grid upgrades on Con Edison’s side and to help you find the best rate for charging your fleet. We’re developing a fleet-assessment service to provide guidance on energy-company-side upgrades and projected charging costs for light-, medium-, and heavy-duty electric vehicle fleets.
Electric Vehicle Charging Cost Calculator
Estimate your fuel cost savings and get help choosing the most cost-effective rate for your business. Review the electric rates explainer page and use the calculator.
Stackable New York Incentives
Save even more with these New York incentives that can be stacked with light-, medium-, and heavy-duty savings:
- New York State Tax Credit for Public and Workplace Charging Get a tax credit of up to $5,000 for the purchase and installation of an electric vehicle charging station through the end of 2022.
- New York State's Truck Voucher Incentive and New York City Clean Trucks Funding is available for the replacement of older, diesel-fueled vehicles.
- New York State Municipal Zero-emission Vehicle (ZEV) Rebate and Infrastructure Grants provides grants to cities, towns, villages, and counties (including New York City boroughs) to purchase electric vehicle supply equipment for public use. The maximum award for any facility is $250,000.