If You’re Blind or Visually Impaired
If you’d prefer to get your bill in large type or Braille, please
call 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633) to enroll in this free service.
If You Have a Medical Emergency
If you’re dealing with a medical emergency, the last thing you need to worry about is paying your bill. If you are hospitalized for 10 days or more, let us know. We can arrange to give you an extra 30 days to pay your bill. Log in to My Account to complete a Medical Emergency form.
If You’d Like a Third Party to Get Bill Notices
You can choose a relative, friend, or organization to receive a notice from Con Edison if your bill is overdue and your electric or gas service might be turned off.
The third party is not responsible for paying your bill, but may be able to help resolve the problem. Having a third party involved can be especially helpful if you are ill, elderly, live alone, or travel frequently.
If You Are 62+, Blind, or Have a Permanent Disability
If you are 62 years old or older, blind, or have a permanent disability, you can talk to our specially trained representatives about options to pay your bill, government aid programs that can help you, and more. It’s free and confidential. To enroll, call 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633) and ask for the Special Services application.
If You Use Life-Support Equipment
If you or a member of your family use life-support equipment, please let us know. This way, we’ll know that you need special attention in case of an emergency or power outage.
Log in to My Account to complete a Life-Support Equipment form. The form can also be downloaded and returned by mail.
We’re committed to providing the reliable service you expect and deserve. While we do our best to prevent power outages and other power problems, we want you to be prepared in case they do occur.
If You Run a Religious Organization, Veterans Hall/Post, or Community Residence
If you run a qualifying religious or veterans organization, or supervised/supportive living community residence, you may choose residential or nonresidential rates for each service.
To learn about how your organization can lower its bills, contact us at:
Or call us at 1-877-239-1999
If You Need to Update Your Building’s Emergency Contact Information
If your building fits one of the following categories, we request that you update your emergency contact information semiannually. We’ll use this information to notify your building’s designated contact in the event of a service interruption.
Your emergency contact should be available 24/7 and should be knowledgeable about the electric facilities at the location. We require an individual’s name, not a switchboard or operator number, or security personnel.
Attn: Central Support Operations
4 Irving Place, 10 FL/SW
New York, NY 10211-0493
- Emergency management offices (e.g. police; fire; EMS operations; communication centers; New York City Housing Authority; cooling centers; government agencies; emergency shelters; military bases; critical flood control structures)
- Hospitals and emergency medical facilities
- Licensed nursing homes and dialysis centers
- Transportation facilities (e.g. tunnels; bridges; LaGuardia and JFK airports; ferry terminals; trains including Long Island Rail Road, PATH, Metro-North, New York City Transit Authority, and Amtrak; fuel transfer and fuel loading facilities/ports)
- Major utility and related facilities (e.g. Con Edison; National Grid; New York Power Authority; independent power producers; Verizon; community access television; charging stations)
- Water pollution control plants and pumping stations
- Research facilities
- Prisons and correctional facilities
- High-rise residential buildings greater than 150 feet (or 12 stories) in Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island supplied by secondary service (non-vault) or a transformer
- Residential buildings (6–11 stories) with an elevator in Westchester County
- Large commercial or industrial–billed accounts with a demand in excess of 1,000 kW, high tension services, and 265/460v and 120/208v multibank installations
- Major customers with demand greater than 1,000 kWD
- Communications (e.g. radio, TV, telecommunications)
- Event specific (e.g. arenas, stadiums, street fairs)
- Facilities providing key products and services (e.g. food warehouse and delivery, pharmaceutical manufacturing)
- Managed accounts, large employers
- Government buildings, schools, and colleges
was this information helpful?