Special Services

If you need special attention, we’re ready to help. Learn more about our free services that can make your life easier.

If You’re Blind or Visually Impaired

If you’d prefer to get your bill in large type or Braille, please
call 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633) to enroll in this free service.

If You Have a Medical Emergency

If you’re dealing with a medical emergency, the last thing you need to worry about is paying your bill. If you are hospitalized for 10 days or more, let us know. We can arrange to give you an extra 30 days to pay your bill. Log in to My Account to complete a Medical Emergency form.

If You’d Like a Third Party to Get Bill Notices

You can choose a relative, friend, or organization to receive a notice from Con Edison if your bill is overdue and your electric or gas service might be turned off.

The third party is not responsible for paying your bill, but may be able to help resolve the problem. Having a third party involved can be especially helpful if you are ill, elderly, live alone, or travel frequently.

If You Are 62+, Blind, or Have a Permanent Disability

If you are 62 years old or older, blind, or have a permanent disability, you can talk to our specially trained representatives about options to pay your bill, government aid programs that can help you, and more. It’s free and confidential. To enroll, call 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633) and ask for the Special Services application.

If You Use Life-Support Equipment

If you or a member of your family use life-support equipment, please let us know. This way, we’ll know that you need special attention in case of an emergency or power outage.

Log in to My Account to complete a Life-Support Equipment form. The form can also be downloaded and returned by mail.

Download Life-Support Equipment form

We’re committed to providing the reliable service you expect and deserve. While we do our best to prevent power outages and other power problems, we want you to be prepared in case they do occur.

What to do if you experience power issues

If You Run a Religious Organization, Veterans Hall/Post, or Community Residence

If you run a qualifying religious or veterans organization, or supervised/supportive living community residence, you may choose residential or nonresidential rates for each service.

To learn about how your organization can lower its bills, contact us at:

Or call us at 1-877-239-1999