Electric Vehicle Incentives for Building, Businesses, and Parking Lots
Save when making your building or parking lot more attractive and sustainable with EV chargers. Get incentives to offset the infrastructure and operational costs of EV chargers at your building.
Electric vehicle adoption is expected to speed up over the next two decades—the US electric vehicles market is expected to reach 6.9 million unit sales by 2025. Property owners and managers need to be ready to meet the charging needs of the millions of new EV drivers expected to hit the road.
Top reasons to consider installing EV chargers:
- A Boast-worthy Building Dedicated EV charging is an amenity that can entice and retain residents, employees, or customers and demonstrate your commitment to sustainability. Plus, chargers help you earn points towards your Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
- Turn Your Parking Lot Into a Paradise Emission- and noise-free EVs make underground and enclosed parking structures much more pleasant. Plus, parking spaces equipped with EV chargers have a higher revenue potential than those without.
PowerReady Light-Duty EV Charging Infrastructure Incentives
We’re offering incentives that can offset the electric infrastructure costs associated with installing Level 2 and/or Direct Current (DC) fast chargers for electric cars, small trucks, and vans under 10,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.
Applicants who meet certain program conditions can get incentives that cover up to 100% of the energy company and customer costs of installing level 2 or direct current fast-charging stations in designated “Disadvantaged Community” areas in New York City and Westchester.
Medium- and Heavy-Duty EV Charging Infrastructure Incentives
For vans, trucks, and buses with a gross vehicle weight greater than 10,000 pounds, we offer incentives for DC fast charging fleet chargers that cover almost all of the utility-side costs associated with bringing power to the fleet property.
Reduce the Cost of Operating Your EV Charging Station
DC Fast Charging Per-Plug Incentive
If you make your DC fast chargers publicly accessible you may be eligible for additional annual incentives.
DC Fast Charging Business Incentive Rate
If you’re a developer or business owner, you may qualify for reduced rates for DC fast charging stations.
Help Your EV Drivers Save Money
Help your residents, employees, or customers save on charging costs by telling them to enroll in SmartCharge NY.
Stackable New York Incentives
Save even more with these New York incentives that can be stacked with other EV charging infrastructure savings.
- New York State Tax Credit for Public and Workplace Charging Get a tax credit of up to $5,000 for the purchase and installation of an electric vehicle charging station through the end of 2022.
- New York State's Truck Voucher Incentive and New York City Clean Trucks Funding is available for the replacement of older, diesel-fueled vehicles.
- New York State Municipal Zero-emission Vehicle (ZEV) Rebate and Infrastructure Grants provides grants to cities, towns, villages, and counties (including New York City boroughs) to purchase electric vehicle supply equipment for public use. The maximum award for any facility is $250,000.