Opportunities for Recent College Graduates
Consolidated Edison is the innovative leader in infrastructure, cyber security, technology, transmission, and clean energy policy. We are frontrunners in energy production, transmission, and delivery, and we are looking for the best and the brightest to join us in shaping the future of energy.
Our comprehensive, 18-month rotational program introduces recent college graduates to the dynamic world of energy. The program fosters critical thinking, authentic leadership, open communication, initiative, innovation, and responsible corporate citizenship.
Leadership Development Program associates (formerly GOLD associates) are challenged to expand their knowledge in engineering, business, and information technology while identifying and cultivating their personal and professional leadership style. Past Leadership Development Program associates have been promoted to senior positions, including supervisor, manager, director/general manager, and C-suite executive.
The program consists of three intensive, six-month rotational assignments.
- Located throughout New York City, and Westchester and Rockland Counties
- At least one supervisory assignment
- Coaching and feedback from our best-in-class career development team
- Formal presentation to company leaders at the end of each assignment, showcasing depth of knowledge, challenges and opportunities, accomplishments, and lessons learned
- Cross-functional training to develop your leadership and technical skill sets while also cultivating your knowledge of the energy industry
Con Edison provides a strong support network for our Leadership Development Program associates. Each associate has a mentor, an assignment manager, a program consultant, a review committee, and a peer mentor. After completing the program, associates may apply for permanent positions in the company.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Graduation date between January 2019 and June 2021 from an accredited bachelor’s or master’s degree program
- Major in engineering, information technology, or business
- Fewer than three years of full-time work experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Access to a vehicle
Meet Past Leadership Development Program Graduates
Former Leadership Development Program associates have continued to advance in their careers, filling senior roles throughout the company.
“Through the Leadership Development Program, I developed an amazing community of peers and mentors, a well-rounded perspective on all of our operations, and the tools needed to build a dynamic career in energy.”
“Graduating from the Leadership Development Program has kick started my career as a leader in STEM. Our company is vital to the livelihood of New York City, and as an Leadership Development Program graduate I get to be part of technical and cybersecurity initiatives that I know will make an impact and serve my community.”
was this information helpful?