Electric, Gas, and Steam Service Requirements
Our electric, gas, and steam service manuals contain general procedures, standards, and specifications.
View Contractor Reference Information
Operator Qualification Requirements
Covered Task 87: Conducting Interior Jurisdictional Piping Construction and Maintenance Activities required for repairs by Licensed Master Plumber performing work on Utility Jurisdictional piping.
When working on a below-grade gas service pipe on customer property, contractors are required to meet all local jurisdictional licensing requirements and to be qualified as an operator per the Code of Federal Regulations, Subpart N—Qualification of Pipeline Personnel.
In order to gain operator qualifications, the contractor must comply with the Operator Qualification Plan, which incorporates principle elements contained in the Northeast Gas Association Operator Qualification Plan Program.
Utility jurisdictional piping is defined as all piping, tubing, and fittings that transport gas from the main for the following:
- Inside meter(s) - the outlet of the meter
- Outside meter(s) - outside the building wall
Video Job Aids
Get step-by-step instructions on how to guide your project.
- Customer Costs
- Submitting an Online Deposit
- Submitting a Customer Inquiry
- How to File Fiber Only Jobs in Project Center
- How to File Power Supply Installation Jobs in Project Center
- How to File Power Only Jobs in Project Center
- How to File Antenna Installation Jobs in Project Center
Pole Attachment Reference Documents
- Pole Attachment Detail (PDF)
- Pole Attachment Request Cover Letter (PDF)
- Pole Attachment Request Form (XLSX)
Going to Work Near Overhead Lines?
For your safety, you must notify us before you start work on a project. See Blue Book specification E0-4647-C for details.HIGH-VOLTAGE PROXIMITY ACT GUIDELINES
was this information helpful?
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Ethics Helpline at 1-855-FOR-ETHX (1-855-367-3849) or email us at FORETHX@coned.com. Contacts by phone may be made anonymously.