Applications & Affidavits
The case representative may require these additional documents for specific projects (e.g. a gas integrity test or turn-on affidavit).
- Application for a New Account (PDF)
- Alternate Sleeve Inspection & Sleeve Installation Affidavit Form – Gas (PDF)
- Alternate Sleeve Inspection and Sleeve Installation Affidavit Form – Electric (PDF)
- Gas Integrity Test and Turn-On Affidavit Service Restoration Repair – Exhibit A
- Gas Meter Piping Pressure Test Verification Affidavit – Exhibit B
- Welder Affidavit – Exhibit E
- Certificate of Compliance – Exhibit F
- Request for Waiver-Min Insulation Standard – Exhibit G
- PE Plastic Joint Fusion/Customer Property | Visual Inspection – Exhibit I
Electric, Gas, and Steam Service Requirements
To ensure safety and reliability, we require all our contractors to follow specific requirements. Our electric, gas, and steam service manuals contain general procedures, standards, and specifications.
Operator Qualification Requirements
When working on a below-grade gas service pipe on customer property, contractors are required to meet all local jurisdictional licensing requirements and to be qualified as an operator per the Code of Federal Regulations, Subpart N—Qualification of Pipeline Personnel.
In order to gain operator qualifications, the contractor must comply with the Operator Qualification Plan, which incorporates principle elements contained in the Northeast Gas Association Operator Qualification Plan Program.
Utility jurisdictional piping is defined as all piping, tubing, and fittings that transport gas from the main for the following:
- Inside meter(s) - the outlet of the meter
- Outside meter(s) - outside the building wall
Inspection and Emergency Checklists
Contractors can submit this collection of documents to indicate that the customer site is ready for an inspection. The interim checklist is required for a pre-construction-ready inspection, and the final checklist is required before service is ready to be energized.
- Interim Gas Inspection Checklist (PDF page 81)
- Final Gas Inspection Checklist (PDF page 82)
- Overhead Electric Inspection Checklist (PDF page 84)
- Underground Electric Inspection Checklist (PDF page 83)
- Customer Emergency Generator Requirements Checklist (PDF)
- A Customer Guide to Electrical Service Installation – Electric Blue Book (PDF)
- A Customer Guide to Natural Gas Service Installation – Gas Yellow Book (PDF) - Outlines specifications and requirements relating to the connection and use of natural gas supplied from Con Edison’s system. The book contains the minimum acceptable standards for gas piping and gas appliance installation necessary to ensure the safe and satisfactory utilization of natural gas by our customers. Additional requirements may need to be followed.
- Annual Elevated Gas Pressure Inspection Instructions
- Gift Policy (PDF)
- Information Guide for Installing High Tension Service (PDF)
- Instructions for Using the Project Center’s Customer To-Do List (PDF)
- Project Center User Guide (PDF)
- User Registration Guide (PDF)
- Steam (PDF)
- Transformer Vault Placement & Space Requirements (PDF)
- Utility Map Request System
- What Contractors Must Know (PDF)
- Important Information Regarding the Use of PVC
- Second Inspection of PE Joints (PDF) - Previously know as "Peer" Inspection
was this information helpful?
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Ethics Helpline at 1-855-FOR-ETHX (1-855-367-3849) or email us at FORETHX@coned.com. Contacts by phone may be made anonymously.