Switch to Electric Heating and Cooling
We’re making it easy and affordable for income-eligible households in Westchester County to switch from oil or propane heat to cleaner, electric heating-and-cooling technologies. Our team will guide you through the process and provide technical and financial resources to help you upgrade your equipment.
With your new equipment you’ll enjoy:
- Improved comfort
- Cleaner, filtered air
- Quiet, efficient heating and cooling
- The latest in electric heat-pump technology
- Upgraded insulation for comfort and efficiency
Qualifying customers receive:
- A new, electric heating-and-cooling system that uses state-of-the-art heat-pump technology
- An electric heat-pump water heater to replace your oil or propane water heater
- Home weatherization, including insulation and air-sealing
You’ll need to:
- Live full-time in a single family or small, multi-unit building (up to four units) in Westchester County;
- Have Con Edison electric service;
- Use fuel oil or propane to heat your home;
- Meet either the income requirements for the EmPower New York Program or enroll in the Weatherization Assistance Program, or;
- Meet the income requirements and enroll in NYSERDA’s Assisted Home Performance with Energy Star Program, and complete the income-screening form.
How It Works
Our team will guide you through the eligibility requirements and help you select the financing option that’s right for you. After you enroll, we’ll work with you to assess your home’s needs and secure the contractors that will perform the installation.
was this information helpful?