SmartCharge New York Frequently Asked Questions
If you own or lease a plug-in hybrid electric or battery-electric vehicle and charge it within Con Edison’s service area in New York City and Westchester County*, you are eligible to participate. You are not required to be a Con Edison customer.
Electric vehicle drivers on the Residential or Small Business Time of Use (TOU) rates under Electric Service Classes 1 and 2 are not eligible to participate in SmartCharge New York. Commercial vehicles charging on wholesale rates are also ineligible to participate.
*You will not earn incentives for charging in the following Queens and Westchester County ZIP Codes, which are outside Con Edison’s service area: 10501, 10505, 10518, 10519, 10521, 10526, 10527, 10535, 10536, 10590, 10540, 10560, 10576, 10578, 10576, 10587, 10589, 10590, 10597, 11690, 11691, 11692, 11694, 11695, 11696, and 11697.
As a SmartCharge New York participant, as of January 1, 2023 you can earn the following incentives by charging your vehicle in the Con Edison service area:
- $25 Enrollment Reward: Earned per vehicle or charging station after 3 months of charging (need not be consecutive) in the Con Edison service area
- 10 cents per kWh Off-Peak Charging Reward: Earned for charging between 12 midnight and 8 a.m., every day, year-round
- $35 per month Avoided Summer Peak Reward: Earned per vehicle or charging station for avoiding charging weekdays 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., June 1 through September 30
- $35 Avoided Summer Peak Reward Bonus: Earned per vehicle or charging station for avoiding all charging weekdays 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., June 1 through September 30
To determine the incentives that you are eligible to earn, the following information is collected from your vehicle(s) or charging station(s):
- when you charge
- how much you charge (kWh)
- the location (GPS) of your charging
Contact Usemail us
was this information helpful?