Electric Vehicle Fast Charging Per-Plug Incentive
You may be eligible for Con Edison’s Electric Vehicle Charging Per-Plug Incentive if you have direct current, fast-charge electric vehicle supply equipment that meets the following requirements:
- Charger connection with a minimum output of 50 kW in a single- or parallel-output configuration.
- Charger connector using a commonly accepted non-proprietary standard, or a proprietary standard in the case where it is co-located with a commonly accepted non-proprietary standard.
- Publicly accessible electric vehicle charging, which includes access available to the general public without restriction or fees for parking.
- Stations that received a building permit and/or provided payment for utility service excess distribution facilities after the program effective date, March 1, 2019.
For interconnection resources and information, visit Project Center.
How to Apply
To apply, email us your completed and signed application along with proof of eligibility in the form of:
- A building permit.
- Payment from a developer for excess distribution facilities, if applicable.
- Proof of public accessibility.
Annual Incentive Amounts*
Each connector (i.e., plug) that meets the requirements of the program is eligible for an annual incentive payment.
The full incentive is available for plugs rated with power capacity of 75kW and higher, and a 60-percent incentive is available for plugs rated 50kW to 74kW. Payments are made annually from the date equipment is placed in service, from the initial program year through the end of the program in 2025.
*per eligible electric vehicle supply equipment connector.
Note for Proprietary Plug Types
Through 2022, proprietary standard plugs are eligible for a mixed-tier incentive in the case where they are co-located with at least one commonly accepted non-proprietary standard. The mixed-tier incentive is dependent on the charging capability of the non-proprietary plug.
Non-proprietary plugs in the 50 kW to 74kW incentive tier at the customer’s or shared site are eligible for the 60-percent incentive.
Proprietary plugs 75 kW or higher that co-locate with at least one non-proprietary plug capable of simultaneously charging two vehicles at 62.5 kW to 74 kW can receive the full incentive, and the non-proprietary plug can receive the 60-percent incentive. At least two accessible, non-proprietary plugs that can simultaneously provide 62.5 kW to 74 kW must be present.
Incentive Availability and Queue Status
The program is approved for up to $6.4 million or up to 400 individual EVSE plugs enrolled over seven years. Incentives are available on a first-come, first-served basis. No single station developer or operator may seek incentives for installation of greater than 50 percent of the plugs per utility service area.
You can reserve your spot in the program queue by emailing us a completed application and your proof of eligibility.
|Incentive Funds Paid|
|Incentive Funds Committed||$12,000||$10,287||$8,571||$6,858||$5,142||$3,429||$1,713|
*Updated monthly. Last update: October 1, 2020.
Charger Capacity Maps
Log in through our portal to see where there may be extra grid capacity.Log In
was this information helpful?