Learn more about steam systems, benefits, and maintenance.
Building on Steam — Our Annual Seminar
Join us for our annual fall seminar, featuring industry experts who will discuss New York City real estate trends, behind-the-meter technologies that enhance steam efficiency and reduce energy costs, and the future of steam service. Professionals from electric and gas will also be on hand to answer any questions. A continental breakfast will be served at 8 a.m.
Please RSVP by October 12. Seating is limited.
Your Steam Service—Free Customer Seminars
Get the most out of your steam service. Our half-day seminars will teach you about safety, efficiency, maintenance, meter equipment, and much more.
8 a.m. to noon
The Learning Center
43-82 Vernon Boulevard Long Island City
- Continental breakfast
- Steam customers, building owners, managers, engineers, and maintenance staff are welcome.
- Continuing education credits are available.
2018 Seminar Schedule
Steam in Modern High-Rise Applications
How can steam work for you? Learn the financial, design, and green benefits of Con Edison steam.
- Half-Day Sessions Earn 5 PDHs
- 90-Minute Sessions Earn 2 PDHs
What You’ll Learn:
- The role of steam in Manhattan
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED): Earning points toward certification
- Uses: Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, humidification, cooking, and sterilization
- Equipment: Meter station, pressure-reducing station, steam and condensate piping, controls, and building-management systems
- Design and Construction: Determining steam loads, designing a service, and performing stress calculations
- Costs: Calculating energy costs using utility tariff rates
- What you need to turn on service
- Incentives and rebates