Learn more about steam systems, benefits, and maintenance.
Your Steam Service—Free Customer Seminars
Get the most out of your steam service. Our half-day seminars will teach you about safety, efficiency, maintenance, meter equipment, and much more.
8 a.m. to noon
The Learning Center
43-82 Vernon Boulevard Long Island City
- Continental breakfast
- Steam customers, building owners, managers, engineers, and maintenance staff are welcome.
- Continuing education credits are available.
2018 Seminar Schedule
Questions? Call 1-212-460-2011.
Steam in Modern High-Rise Applications
How can steam work for you? Learn the financial, design, and green benefits of Con Edison steam.
What You’ll Learn:
- The role of steam in Manhattan
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED): Earning points toward certification
- Uses: Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, humidification, cooking, and sterilization
- Equipment: Meter station, pressure-reducing station, steam and condensate piping, controls, and building-management systems
- Design and Construction: Determining steam loads, designing a service, and performing stress calculations
- Costs: Calculating energy costs using utility tariff rates
- What you need to turn on service
- Incentives and rebates
Building owners, consultants, managers, engineers, and maintenance staff are welcome.
Continuing education credits are available. If you pass the exam at the end of the class, you will receive five professional development hours and a certificate.
2018 Class Schedule
You Can Also Host a Class for Your Own Firm
- Half-Day Sessions Earn 5 PDHs
- 90-Minute Sessions Earn 2 PDHs
Register now. Class size is limited.
Building on Steam — Our Annual Seminar
Learn how to manage your energy use, how steam can benefit combined heat and power customers, and how Con Edison’s steam system is more resilient against severe storms than other energy alternatives. Enjoy a free continental breakfast and networking opportunities at this half-day, educational seminar.
Enrollment starts shortly. Check back soon.