Applying for Private Generation Interconnection
Interconnection Forms and Documentation (<5 MW)
The New York State Standardized Interconnection Requirements (Appendix F) describe all information needed to complete your application. Please review them to avoid delay on your project.
For easy, step-by-step instructions, follow the simplified process flow chart (PDF).
Upload all applications and project information through Con Edison's Power Clerk web portal.
Small DG Projects for Interconnection requests less than or equal to 50kW.
Pre-application and Large DG Projects for Interconnection requests greater than 50kW–5MW. To submit a request for an optional Pre-Application Report (Appendix D), please select “New – All Other Requests.”
Distribution Engineering Cost Guide contains typical costs to perform a Coordinated Electric System Interconnection Review.
- Developer Interconnection Workshop Presentation (PDF)
- Distributed Generation Documentation Checklist (PDF)
- Customer authorization letter (PDF)
- Standardized Contract, Appendix A, page 73 (PDF)
- If you are installing an inverter-based system: Appendix B, page 76 (PDF)
- If you are installing a non-inverter based system: Appendix C, page 78 (PDF)
- All technical drawings and equipment specifications as required. Refer to Distributed Generation System Diagram Checklist (PDF)
- Contractor Certification for Verification Test (PDF) for self-certified PV system of 50 kW or less
- Solar Verification Testing and Inspection Checklist (PDF) for solar installations above 50kW
- 25 Percent Construction Payment Task List — Appendix B
Service and Rate Application Forms
- Net metering, going on standby, or buy-back: General Rules Form G, Leaf: 382
- Community Distributed Generation Procedural Requirements for Value Stack (file will automatically download)
- Community DG Procedural Requirements - Grandfathered Net-Metering and Phase 1 Net-Metering (file will automatically download)
- Gas service for a combined heat and power project: Rider H application form (PDF)
- Residential gas service for a combined heat and power project: Rider J application form (PDF)