The Neighborhood Program - For Renters and Homeowners
Sign Up to Get Free LED Lightbulbs
Save money and energy by illuminating your home with LEDs. Our contractor, Franklin Energy, will be going door-to-door to install complimentary LED lightbulbs in eligible neighborhoods.
For a limited time, get two Wi-Fi-enabled lightbulbs in addition to your free LEDs.
Connect your Wi-Fi lightbulbs to your phone or smart-home device and instantly change the ambiance of any room by adjusting the color, brightness, and temperature of your lights. Plus, since you can control your bulbs on the go, you’ll never have to worry whether you forgot to turn the lights out on your way out the door, making saving energy easy.
Why LEDs outshine standard bulbs:
- Longevity LEDs last up to 15 years, reducing waste and the burden of replacing burned-out bulbs.
- Energy and Cost Savings While a standard bulb costs about $7 a year to power, LEDs will run you just $1. And since they last up to 15 times longer than your average lightbulb, a small upfront investment can add up to big savings over time. Overall, you can save up to $55 in electricity over the lifetime of each bulb!
- Environmentally Friendly LEDs can be recycled or safely tossed in the trash since, unlike CFLs, they contain no mercury.
Free Lightbulbs Available
- Standard Bulbs (9W, 11W, and 15W)
- Candelabra Bulbs
- Globe Bulbs
- Indoor Floods (8W and 17W)
- Mini Floods
- Wi-Fi-Enabled Bulbs (A19 and BR30)
Sign up to get your free LEDs today!
Refer Your Friends to Earn Rewards
Already got your LEDs? Tell your friends to get a $25 Amazon digital gift card for each referral!
Once your installation is complete, we’ll email you a unique referral code. Pass the code along to eligible friends, family, and neighbors and we’ll send your gift card within 30 days.*
Get a Free Smart Thermostat
Eligible Brooklyn and Queens residents can get $210 in rebates toward the purchase of a smart thermostat.
Brooklyn Neighborhoods: Greenpoint, East Williamsburg, Bushwick, Bedford-Stuyvesant, Crown Heights, East Flatbush, Brownsville, East New York, Cypress Hills, Williamsburg, Prospect Park, Clinton Hill, Park Slope, South Slope, Fort Greene and parts of Prospect Heights.
Queens Neighborhoods: Richmond Hill, Howard Beach, Broad Channel, Ozone Park, South Ozone Park, Woodhaven, Kew Gardens.
Contact UsEmail Us
was this information helpful?