Register Your Smart Thermostat and Get Up to $135
A Smarter Way to Control Your Comfort
Discover how a smart thermostat can help you stay comfortable and save energy throughout the seasons.
Get a $50 Rebate
Enroll Your Smart Thermostat for an Additional $85
If you have central air conditioning and an eligible Nest or Honeywell thermostat, you may qualify for an $85 rebate**.
What You’ll Need to Enroll:
- Con Edison residential electric account
- Wi-Fi network
- An eligible thermostat operating your central cooling system
- Central air conditioning
|Eligible Thermostat||Approved Service Provider|
|Nest Learning Thermostat
New Wi-Fi VisionPRO
Wi-Fi 9000 with Voice Control – 7-Day Programmable Thermostat
Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat
Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat
Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat
Lyric T6 Basic
Lyric T6 Advanced
How It Works
We may make brief, limited adjustments to your thermostat settings during the summer to reduce strain on our energy grid. You can expect a maximum of 10 adjustment periods each summer, unless there is a power emergency. This adjustment would last no longer than four hours and would likely take place sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 11 p.m. on weekdays. You have control of your thermostat and can override the settings at any time.
How to Participate
- Purchase an eligible smart thermostat model.
- Enroll online through your thermostat's manufacturer, either Nest or Honeywell.
- When you enroll, you allow Con Edison to make brief, limited adjustments to your central air-conditioner settings during the summer to reduce demand on our electric grid. You are always in control and can override the settings at any time.
- You will receive a confirmation email and an $85 rebate check from us within six to eight weeks.
was this information helpful?
**Limit 12 $85 rebates per household for enrollment.
For more information, refer to the terms and conditions on the service provider websites. Rebates are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.