Register Your Smart Thermostat and Get Up to $135
Buy a Wi-Fi enabled smart thermostat and get a $50 rebate. Earn an additional $85 when you register it with Con Edison.
A Smarter Way to Control Your Comfort
Discover how a smart thermostat can help you stay cozy and save energy throughout the seasons.
How the Rebate Works
- Buy any Wi-Fi-enabled smart thermostat and get a $50 rebate. Buy it on our Marketplace and get an instant rebate.
- Choose an eligible model, listed below, and enroll your thermostat to get another $85 when you agree to participate for two year. Enroll with an approved service provider when their enrollment period opens.
- When you enroll, you allow Con Edison to make brief, limited adjustments to your central air-conditioner setting during the summer to reduce demand on our electric grid. You are always in control and can override the settings at any time.
What You Need to Enroll
- A Con Edison residential electric account.
- Wi-Fi network.
- An eligible thermostat operating your central cooling system.
|Eligible Thermostat||Approved Service Provider|
|Radio Thermostat Company of America: Filtrete 3M-50, CT 30, CT 50, CT 80||Energy Hub|
|Radio Thermostat CT 30, CT 80, CT 100
Trane ComfortLink Control
RCS Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat
|Nest Learning Thermostat
|SensiTM Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat||Emerson|
What You Can Expect
- A confirmation email and an $85 rebate check from Con Edison within six to eight weeks.
- Control of your comfort and energy consumption. Custom settings could help you save money over time.
- Brief, limited adjustments to your thermostat settings during the summer to reduce strain on our electric grid. A maximum of 10 each summer, unless there is a power emergency.
- An adjustment period lasting no longer than four hours that will take place sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 11 p.m. on weekdays.
- Control of your thermostat and the ability to override the settings at any time.
was this information helpful?
For more information, refer to the terms and conditions on the service provider websites. Rebates are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.