Battery Energy Storage Neighborhood Program
Customers and developers who install battery energy storage systems in eligible neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens can apply for incentives through our open Non-Wires Solutions Request for Proposals or through the Brooklyn Queens Demand Management Prescriptive Energy Storage Incentive Program.
Requirements and Resources
To qualify for this incentive, you must:
- Meet all requirements in the NWS Energy Storage Program Agreement (view a sample agreement) and/or as defined on Non-Wires Solutions Request for Proposals.
- Have your project location verified by Con Edison. Incentives are available for battery energy storage systems installed as grid connected or load following at facilities of Con Edison customers in good standing.
- Have a battery energy storage system approved for use in New York City area.
- Have knowledge of the New York Standardized Interconnection Review Process and follow the Standardized Interconnection Requirements designated in the Interconnection Guide for Non-Wires Solutions.
- Be familiar with applicable guides and specifications for private generation, including the Electric Blue Book (PDF).
- Have an adequate understanding and/or level of experience with the rules and requirements for the installation of battery energy storage systems, including the permitting process with the Department of Buildings, Fire Department of New York, and/or any other relevant authority having jurisdiction.