Convert from Oil to Natural Gas
Convert your commercial or 75+-unit multifamily building from oil heat to natural gas, and you may qualify for both:
- A conversion rebate of up to $10,000
- A rebate of up to $15,000* for installing eligible high-efficiency equipment
How to Qualify
To qualify, you must install a new gas-fired boiler with:
- An 80 percent minimum thermal efficiency (greater than 300 MBH) for a gas-fired steam boiler
- An 85 percent minimum thermal efficiency for a gas-fired hydronic boiler
Please send the following before May 1, 2017:
- The last 24 months of invoiced oil consumption including oil type (#2, #4, or #6), emailed to gasconversions@conEd.com
- A gas service request through Project Center
Upon receipt, Con Edison will perform a financial analysis and will let you know what, if any, incentive you may be eligible for.
Once we send you your construction and gas service agreement, you will have 30 days to send us both:
- Your signed agreement
- Your contractor’s signed proposal for the installation of qualifying high-efficiency gas-fired boiler
Have further questions? Get in touch.Email
was this information helpful?
*This incentive is limited to the first 25 qualifying customers who meet all of the eligibility requirements and comply with all terms and conditions stated in the program application. For more information, call 1-800-643-1289 (press 1).
(Please review eligibility requirements for both the conversion and equipment rebates, as they may differ.)
Eligible gas-fired heating equipment rebates are subject to change