Llegaron los agobiantes días de calor de agosto y también llegaron los ahorros
Los clientes de Con Edison puede quedarse cómodos y ahorrar dinero al conservar energía cuando comiencen los días de extremo calor en la región de Nueva York.
With temperatures forecast to reach into the 90s accompanied by high humidity tomorrow and through the weekend, the energy company advises its 3.4 million customers to follow these tips:
Con Edison offers a variety of energy-efficiency programs for this summer. The Smart AC Program connects customers with technology to control their room air conditioners from their computer or mobile device:
- Set your air conditioning to the highest comfortable temperature. Every degree you lower the thermostat drives up your bill by 6 percent;
- To reduce heat and moisture in your home, run appliances such as ovens, washing machines, dryers and dishwashers in the early morning or late at night when it's cooler outside;
- When the AC is running, close doors to keep cool air in and hot air out;
- Keep shades, blinds and curtains closed. About 40 percent of unwanted heat comes through windows;
- Turn off AC units, lights and other appliances when not at home and use a timer or smart technology to turn on your air conditioner about a half-hour before arriving home; keep AC filters clean;
- If you run a business, keep your door closed while the AC is running. Don't burn through your profits to cool the street;
- Replace old appliances with new energy efficient Energy Star appliances.
Replacing an old air conditioner with a new ENERGY STAR unit can reduce energy usage by 30 percent. Con Edison will pay a $30 rebate to customers who buy a new ENERGY STAR air conditioner.
Con Edison will have crews ready to respond to any service problems that arise due to the demand on its energy-delivery system.
Customers can report outages and check service restoration status at www.conEd.com or by calling 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633). When reporting an outage, customers should have their Con Edison account number available, if possible, and report whether their neighbors also have lost power.
¿Fue útil esta información?