Help During the Covid-19 Pandemic
Get Help Paying Your Bills
A payment agreement can help you pay down your outstanding balance in manageable, monthly installments with no fees. Log into My Account to see your options and sign up for a payment agreement.
New York State Electric and Gas Bill Relief Program
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the New York State Public Service Commission has approved the Electric and Gas Bill Relief Program for income-eligible New Yorkers.
Residential customers who receive qualifying government assistance will receive bill credit on their past-due balance for service through May 1, 2022.
Note: All customers are responsible for bills after May 1.
To qualify for a bill credit, you must:
- Be enrolled in Con Edison’s Energy Affordability Program by December 31, 2022, or;
- Have received benefits under New York state’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) or the Home Energy Assistance Program-Regular Arrears Supplement (RAS).
If you are enrolled in Con Edison’s Energy Affordability program or received ERAP or RAS benefits, your bill credit will be processed automatically, and you do not need to take any action. In addition, your service will not be suspended for non-payment while your bill credit is being processed.
Other ways we’re trying to help:
- Offering payment plans and assistance programs that may help you bring down your energy bills.
- Providing eligible customers who receive benefits from specific governmental assistance programs monthly discounts on their energy bill and more. See if you qualify.
- Allowing most customers to make a fee-free payment with a credit or debit card (excludes large commercial customers).
The best way to do business with us is through My Account. Setting up your online account only takes a minute. Just enter your email address and create a password. Get started.
NYS Emergency Rental Assistance Program
The New York State Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) offers residential tenants assistance with payment of their rent and energy bills. To get more information and enroll, please go to otda.ny.gov or call 1-844-NY1-RENT (1-844-691-7368).
Financial Support for Your Business
You may be eligible for a 12-month payment agreement with a 15% down payment. Log in to see your options.
Other ways we’re trying to help local businesses get back on track:
- Need a few more days to pay your bill? No problem. Log in to schedule an extension.
- Covering approximately half the cost to upgrade to energy-saving equipment. See how much you can save by taking our free, no-obligation energy assessment today.
As a New York business, you may also be eligible for governmental assistance programs that support businesses financially impacted by COVID-19, including:
Putting Safety First
We’re committed to getting our essential work done within CDC health and safety guidelines. Here are four things you should know about our COVID-19 response:
- Our employees are instructed to remain home if they are not feeling well, have a fever or any other symptom associated with COVID-19.
- Government regulations do not require Con Edison employees to present proof of vaccination before entering a home or business for energy-related activities. However, our employees will wear a face covering while working indoors and maintain a six-foot social distance, wherever possible.
- Please note that there are times our employees may need to remove face coverings to put on other personal protective equipment required to safely work on live electric, gas, or steam systems.
- To eliminate exposure to and spread of the virus, we ask that if someone inside is ill with, recovering from, or under quarantine because of potential exposure to COVID-19 that you call 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633) before your meter reading or service appointment.
If you can access your meter, and prefer to, you can submit your own reading.
Thinking about starting a home or business improvement project? Please call 811 before you dig. Even now, we’ll mark dangerous underground pipes and wires. It’s free.
Save Energy While Staying at Home
Start with these simple ideas to lower your energy bill, and then log into My Account to get dozens of personalized tips based on your energy habits.
Share your favorite tips with your neighbors, friends, and @ConEdison on social media and tag them #PoweringThruTogether
Beware of Scams, Especially Now
- Beware of anyone threatening to turn off your power or gas within an hour unless they receive immediate payment.
- If anyone asks you for money for a smart meter, that’s bogus. We don’t charge for meters.
- If someone comes to your door, verify they are who they say they are. If someone claims to be from Con Edison, call 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633) and check the employee’s name and ID number.
- We never accept payment by prepaid gift card or debit card; cash apps, such as Venmo, Zelle, and PayPal; or cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin. We only accept online payments through conEd.com and conEd.com/GuestPayment.
- Got a suspicious email from Con Edison? Don’t click any links you’re unsure about.
Share these tips with your family members, friends, and the elderly.
Outdoor Dining Safety Requirements for Restaurants and Cafes
Most of our electric, gas, and steam distribution systems are underneath city streets and sidewalks. We access these systems through covers, such as manhole covers, ventilation grates, and valve covers. For your safety and to maintain the reliability of our systems, we need to have clear access to these covers 24/7.
was this information helpful?