Storms Expected in Region Today
Customers should report outages and check service restoration status at www.conEd.com/reportoutage, or with our mobile app for iOS or Android devices, or by calling 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633). When calling, customers should report whether their neighbors also have lost power. Customers who report outages will receive updates with their estimated restoration times as they become available.
The company reminds customers to avoid any downed power lines and take the following safety precautions:
- If you see downed electrical wires, do not go near them. Report them to Con Edison and your local police department immediately.
- Treat all downed wires as if they are live. Never attempt to move them or touch them with your hands or any object. Be mindful that downed wires can be hidden from view by tree limbs, leaves or water.
- If a power line falls on your car while you’re in it, stay inside the vehicle and wait for emergency personnel.
- If your power goes out, disconnect or turn off appliances that would otherwise turn on automatically when service is restored. If several appliances start up at once, the electric circuits may overload.
- Check to make sure your flashlights and any battery-operated radios are in working order. Make sure you have a supply of extra batteries.
- Weather updates and news on restorations of electrical service can be heard on most local radio and television stations.
Depending on the severity of storm damage, crews will give priority to restoring service lines that will provide power to the most customers as quickly as possible, then move on to restore smaller groups and individual customers who are without power. For more tips on storm preparation, go to www.conEd.com.
The company is in close contact with the New York City Office of Emergency Management and the Westchester County Department of Emergency Services to coordinate storm response if needed.
¿Fue útil esta información?