Hot Weather Is On The Way! Con Edison Offers Tips To Stay Cool
As weekend forecasts predict hot and steamy weather to approach our area, Con Edison offers helpful tips to stay cool by using energy wisely.
Check out these money-saving conservation tips:
- Set your air conditioning to the highest comfortable temperature. Every degree you lower the thermostat drives up your bill by 6 percent
- When the AC is running, close doors to keep cool air in and hot air out
- Even when using AC, use ceiling and other fans to provide additional cooling and better circulation
- Keep shades, blinds and curtains closed. About 40 percent of unwanted heat comes through windows
- Turn off AC units, lights and other appliances when not at home and use a timer or smart technology to turn on your air conditioner about a half-hour before arriving home
- Keep AC filters clean
- If you run a business, keep your door closed while the AC is running. Don’t burn through your profits to cool the street
- To reduce heat and moisture in your home, run appliances such as ovens, washing machines, dryers and dishwashers in the early morning or late at night when it’s cooler outside
- Con Edison offers a variety of energy-efficiency programs for the hot weather season. The Smart AC Program connects customers with smart technology to control their room air conditioners from their computer or mobile device. Learn more by visiting: conedsmartac.com
Replace old appliances with new energy efficient Energy Star appliances. Replacing an old air conditioner with a new ENERGY STAR unit can reduce energy usage by 30 percent. Con Edison will pay a $30 rebate to customers who buy a new ENERGY STAR air conditioner.
Customers can report outages and check service restoration status at www.conEd.com or by calling 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633). When reporting an outage, customers should have their Con Edison account number available, if possible, and report whether their neighbors also have lost power.
Customers who report outages will be called by Con Edison with their estimated restoration times as they become available.
Stay on top of outages and power problems by signing up for text notifications or by viewing the company’s interactive online outage map. To sign up for text alerts, go to conEd.com/text.
¿Fue útil esta información?