The Neighborhood Program
Get up to $185 for a smart thermostat
Three rebates can add up to big savings on smart thermostats.
- Buy any Wi-Fi-enabled smart thermostat and get $25. Buy it at our Marketplace and get an instant rebate.
- Enroll your thermostat (eligible models only) with one of our vendors for two years and you’ll get $85. In exchange, we’ll make brief, limited adjustments to your central AC settings on the hottest summer days. You are always in control and can override these settings at any time.
- Get an extra $75 just for living in the Neighborhood. Really.
$600 rebate for ductless mini-split heating and ACs
A ductless mini-split system is a good alternative to window ACs for homes that aren’t suited for central air. Plus, they can cut your cooling costs by 30 percent.
Mini-splits are efficient, whisper-quiet, and will keep you comfortably cool without blocking your window. They can even provide heating.
Complete, sign, and mail your rebate form and get $600 ($300 rebate plus a $300 Neighborhood bonus).
Free LED Light Bulbs Distributed in All Eligible Neighborhoods
Look out for our contractors from Franklin Energy as they go door-to-door in your neighborhood to install complimentary LED light bulbs in your home.
Missed us? Email email@example.com and include your name, account number, and email, and we'll get in touch to set up an appointment.
By being part of the Neighborhood Program, when you sign up for a free business survey, you also get:
- FREE lighting upgrades
- FREE refrigeration night case covers
Then, you can choose to take advantage of the regular rewards, including having high-quality, energy-saving lighting or refrigeration equipment installed by a program-approved contractor, and Con Edison pays up to 70 percent.Schedule a Free Energy Survey
Learn More (PDF)
Multifamily Apartment Buildings
If you manage a building with five+ units, or are on the co-op or condo board of your building in the Neighborhood Program area, you can get
- A FREE common area LED lighting upgrade
- Upgrades and installations for high-efficiency boilers, pipe insulation, roof insulation, and energy management systems
- Other measures available for common areas
- Tenants can get FREE LED lighting
Commercial and Industrial
Commercial and industrial facilities can get:
- Incentives for lighting and refrigeration upgrades (+$800/kW)
- Smart usage rewards (demand response)
- Incentives for thermal energy storage (80 percent covered)
- Incentives for combined heat and power systems (up to $1,800/kW)
Contractors and Business Partners
Con Edison is seeking third-party energy solution partners to help us to reduce customers’ electric bills while helping to defer building new, expensive additional electricity infrastructure.
- In Brooklyn-Queens, our goal is to reduce 52 MW of nontraditional demand by summer 2018.
was this information helpful?