Con Edison to Customers: Safety First
To reduce unnecessary risk of exposure of coronavirus (COVID-19) to our customers and the public, Con Edison has temporarily shut down its customer service walk-in centers located in each of the five boroughs and Westchester County.
Residential customers wishing to make payments can choose one of the other convenient ways to pay their bill including online at My Account, by mail with a check or money order, or by phone at 1-888-925-5016.
Con Edison has expanded its efforts to support New Yorkers as they face the challenges of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and is committed to helping New York get through this difficult time. Con Edison will:
- Not shut off electric, natural gas or steam service due to payment difficulties resulting from the health crisis.
- Waive new late-payment charges for all customers.
- Suspend the fee usually charged to a customer who is unable to grant access to their property. Of course, we will continue to shut off service when there is a safety issue.
- Meter readers will not enter customers’ homes to read meters. Customers with indoor meters can report their usage online. Find out how.
- The company has paused energy efficiency service visits to all residential customers’ homes in both New York City and Westchester County. In addition, energy efficiency visits also have been suspended to businesses in Westchester County.
To get the most recent information about help Con Edison is providing to our customers, go to coned.com/CovidHelp.
Con Edison is committed to helping fellow New Yorkers live safely and securely during this difficult time. We’ll do everything we can to deliver the energy you need to keep things going where it matters most: Home.
was this information helpful?