Con Edison Media Relations
COOL CASH FROM CON EDISON
NEW YORK – New York City and Westchester County residents are eligible to pocket $30 rebates from Con Edison when they buy Energy Star room air conditioners, the company announced today at a P.C. Richard & Son Superstore in Manhattan.
Home and business owners can cash in as part of the company’s wide variety of energy-savings programs by visiting www.conEd.com/greenteam. Applications for the $30 a/c rebate can be downloaded at www.conEd.com/roomacrebates/.
“Before summer heat hits, we want customers to be thinking of ways to use less energy. They can start by getting rid of their old window air conditioners and investing in appliances that use less energy, while getting money back at the same time,” said John Miksad, senior vice president of Electric Operations for Con Edison. “Energy Star appliances are a great way to help reduce energy usage and save money on your bill”.
Con Edison projects that New Yorkers will buy an additional 950,000 room air conditioners over the next five years. Learn about the benefits of Energy Star air-conditioners at www.conEd.com/videos.
Con Edison has an energy efficiency program available for almost everyone. For more information, visit www.conEd.com/greenteam or call Con Edison’s “Green Team” at 877-870-6118:
For Homeowners (one- to four- family homes)
- Low cost on-site energy survey with free money-saving items installed.
- Rebates up to $1,000 on efficient heating and A/C equipment.
- Free programmable thermostats for central A/C systems.
- Get $30 for recycling your old, second working refrigerator.
For Apartments, Condos, or Co-ops (5 to 75 units)
- Free surveysto evaluate building common areas and individual units for lighting, cooling- and heating-efficiency improvements, and incentives for these improvements.
- Incentivesfor new Energy Star refrigerators and air conditioners, and free recycling of old, inefficient refrigerators and air conditioners.
For Small Businesses
- Free energy surveys
- Free upgradessuch as CFLs and water-heater thermostats
- Big incentives up to 70 percent for major lighting, heating, and cooling upgrades
- Free programmable thermostats for central air-conditioning systems ($300 value)
For Large Commercial and Industrial Customers
- Partial funding for energy study
- Rebates and performance-based incentives for high-efficiency equipment.
Con Edison is a subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc. [NYSE: ED], one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies, with approximately $13 billion in annual revenues and $36 billion in assets. The utility provides electric, gas and steam service to more than 3 million customers in New York City and Westchester County, New York. For additional financial, operations and customer service information, visit Con Edison’s Web site at www.conEd.com.