convert to natural gas
Now is a great time to switch to clean, efficient natural gas.
Before you submit an application for gas service, we encourage you to obtain your property's internal conversion costs from a licensed professional. This reference guide may help you understand the process and assess your options and potential cost savings.
If you decide natural gas is right for you, Con Edison recommends that you have a licensed professional submit your application for gas service.
Your application must include the following: (recent additions are marked with *)
- Addition of "Convert to Natural Gas" option as request type for all oil to gas conversions*
- Authorization from customer to submit this request*
- Property's block and lot number
- Requirement for a unique customer email address*
- Existing oil type (2, 4, or 6)
- The type of service you will require (firm, interruptible, or both)
- Property's point-of-entry (POE)
- Property's invoiced oil bills for the last 24 months must be submitted as an attached file*
- Boiler configuration for the installation of two or more boilers (e.g. lead lag, 100% redundant)*
- Contractors are now required to complete the load information screen. Load letter attachments are no longer accepted*
After your application has been submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement letter detailing the next steps in the process. Be sure to use the provided case number when making inquiries about your application.