Get a smart thermostat for free. Call or email us for more information on the program.
Day Ahead Peak Demand Forecast
Data is not available
Planned events will be called if the day ahead forecast is 96% (or greater) of the forecasted summer peak demand.
This information is only for the participants of Con Edison's Demand Response programs.
Control Your Central A/C Remotely and Earn Cash
Con Edison is offering a free programmable thermostat that allows you to control the temperature in your business, even when you're not there.
This thermostat will allow you to adjust the temperature manually or remotely via the internet or your mobile phone, while providing an efficient use of energy when programming features are used.
Some Real Benefits
- Manage your energy usage to fit your lifestyle
- Program your thermostat using the internet or your mobile phone
- Help ensure reliable power for you and your community
- Help reduce air pollution
- Delay need for costly power delivery system upgrades
- You get a free Carrier programmable thermostat (valued at $300) and we’ll handle the installations, at no cost to you
- A thank you gift of $50 after the thermostat is installed
Smart thermostats allow you to adjust settings using the internet or your mobile phone, from anywhere, and are equipped with programming features that maximize the efficiency of your central air-conditioning system. Smart thermostats also allow Con Edison to remotely adjust the amount of electricity your central air-conditioning system uses to help reduce the demand for energy. A signal similar to a pager and/or beeper will communicate with your central air-conditioning thermostat and will cycle your unit's compressor on and off to reduce demand on our electric system. Your fan will continue to operate and circulate air. You can always override the adjustment if necessary.
How the Program Works
The Con Edison Central Air Conditioning Program will be called when Con Edison needs to reduce electricity use.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Con Edison business customers with central air-conditioning and peak demand of less than 100kW as well as customers of NYPA, NYCPUS, and COWPUSA may apply.
How to Apply
- Business customers click here
"Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com, or give us a call at (866) 521-8600. For more information about the Con Edison Central Air-Conditioning Program, read through the Con Edison Service Classification Rider L.
The attached tariff leaves may not reflect the most recent tariff changes approved by the New York State Public Service Commission."