Demand Management Incentives
Con Edison and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) are helping customers find innovative ways to manage their energy use and save money. The Demand Management Program offers enhanced incentives for energy efficient technology that will help improve operational performance of buildings and reduce electric demand.
Building owners and building managers, who are Con Edison electric customers and third party developers acting on behalf of the building owners and building managers are eligible for the enhanced incentives based on their demand reduction for energy efficiency and demand management projects that are completed prior to June 1, 2016.
Incentives are available to eligible customers for energy improvements that contribute to the reduction of the system-coincident peak demand during the summer months. Eligible customers can qualify for the incentives through the current energy efficiency -programs and the new Demand Management Program incentives. Types of projects that are eligible for the increased incentives include:
|Project Type||Current Incentives||NEW Increased Incentives|
|Chiller/HVAC/BMS/Controls||$0.16/kWh||$0.16/kWh + $1,250/kW|
|Lighting/LED||$0.16/kWh||$0.16/kWh + $800/kW|
|Fuel Switching: Non-Electric A/C*||Steam A/C Program||$500 - $1,000/kW|
|*Incentives will be offered for installing steam or natural gas A/C rather than electric A/C.|
Projects that achieve a peak reduction of 500 kW or more can also earn additional bonus incentives.
|Projects over 500kW||+10% of kW incentive|
|Projects over 1MW||+15% of kW incentive|
- Effective with new applications received on or after 7/1/2015, all direct replacement T8 LED lamps, screw-in type LED lamps, and pin base LED lamps will be subject to Total Resource Cost (TRC) analysis within the Con Edison Demand Management Program (DMP). Other DMP measure requirements are unchanged, and will continue to be unaffected by the TRC analysis. All lighting projects will need to submit the new DMP Screening Tool along with the new DMP Lighting Form.
- The new DMP Screening Tool can be found here: DMP Screening Tool.
- The new DMP Lighting form can be found here: DMP Lighting Form.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Only Con Edison customers are eligible for the Demand Management Program
- Projects must be installed and operational by June 1, 2016.
- Projects or portfolios must have a combined peak demand reduction of 50kW or greater. Peak Demand Reduction (kW) is defined as the system-coincident peak demand reduction that occurs during the summer capability period, between the hours of 2pm-6pm, Monday through Friday, from June 1 through September 30, excluding legal holidays.
- Incentives are capped at 50% of installed project cost.
- Bonus incentives are available for large projects over 500 kW.
- Baseline conditions must be verified by a pre-installation inspection and technical review, prior to removal or installation of equipment involved in the project.
- Incentives are available on a first come, first-served basis, until funds are exhausted or the program has expired.
- Please see the Technical Data Requirements for the Demand Management Incentive for a summary of information that should be submitted in the application package.
How to Apply
Email completed applications and required documentation to:
or send to:
Energy Efficiency and Demand Management Program
4 Irving Place
New York, New York 10003
For any questions about the program or to request additional assistance, please email us.