Email us: email@example.com
Greener Greater Buildings Plan - Benchmarking
How to request Aggregated Building Consumption Data
Con Edison is now accepting requests for 2014 aggregated building consumption data.
To request 2014 aggregated consumption data from Con Edison complete the following steps:
- Download and complete Aggregated Consumption Request form. Refer to the Application Overview tab of the request form for assistance on how to complete the form.
- Login to Project Center and upload your request form(s). Refer to the Project Center Upload Instruction Guide if you require assistance.
- Send all applicable Letters of Authorization (LOA) in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you submitted a Con Edison LOA during a previous year and the building has not changed ownership you will not be required to resubmit your Con Edison LOA.
Upon receipt of a valid LOA and “Accepted” request, an invoice will be sent via e-mail to the customer who initiated the request. Con Edison will provide customers with aggregated building data for both electric and gas consumption up to 24 months, at a fee of $102.50 per BBL (borough, block, and lot) for building-level information. Refer to our tariff for additional information regarding the pricing structure for aggregated building data. Once the invoice has been paid, Con Edison will e-mail the aggregated consumption data in an Excel spreadsheet within 15 days after the payment has been received.
Local Law 84 requires benchmarking to be completed by May 1 of each year. If you missed the May 1st deadline, you have the opportunity to comply before the next quarterly deadlines of August 1, November 1, and February 1. For more information on these compliance dates, visit How to Comply on the PlaNYC website.
In order to be guaranteed the data prior to the next City deadline, all valid requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the deadline and payment must be remitted one week prior to the deadline.
How to make a payment
By standard mail:
PO BOX 361597
Columbus, OH 43236
If you would like to overnight your check, you must send it to:
7525 West Campus Road
New Albany, OH 43054
To avoid processing delays when sending payments via direct mail please note your RMS account number and invoice number on the check.
Online payments may be made at https://payrms.rmsna.com
If you would like to make a credit card payment for more than one invoice, please call (800) 999-9407 ext. 1400845 or (800) 999-9407 ext. 1512030 to speak with a RMS representative.
About New York City Local Law 84
The City of New York in December 2009 passed a series of laws known as the "Greener Greater Buildings Plan" to improve energy and water efficiency of New York City's largest existing buildings. Local Law 84 is part of those laws and requires property owners to report on benchmarking the energy and water use of their buildings through an online tool called Portfolio Manager, which is maintained by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The benchmarking initiative requires all buildings larger than 50,000 square feet to benchmark their energy consumption annually by May 1st of each year.
For more information:
- Greener, Greater Buildings Plan – Local Law 84
- Sign up for the Greener, Greater Buildings Plan Digest to receive quick reminders and advisories
- Benchmarking Rule
- How to Submit Benchmarking Results to New York City
- Energy Star Benchmarking Starter Kit
- Portfolio Manager Overview
- Portfolio Manager Quick Reference Guide